Saturday, October 17, 2020

My Life As a House Flipper

If you are like me, you have probably watched dozens of house flipping shows on HGTV.
 
You typically see an attractive female in charge of a flip, swinging a sledge hammer, getting her hands dirty helping demo the property.
 
This seems to be a bit of a stretch from reality for two reasons:
 
1.  As the person flipping the house, I give orders, and just about never use a tool or assist in any way.
 
2. My construction sites are typically lacking in attractive females ;)
 
All jokes aside, this is what my typical day as a house flipper looks like:
 
8 am: Check email to see of one of my team members has sent me a property. If the property looks good, set up a showing.
 
10 am: Hit the gym (not as often as I should)
 
11 am: Swing buy any active projects and make sure project is moving forward.
 
12 pm: Grab lunch. Kale salad with arugula sprouts and salmon.  (Also not very often. Basically never. In fact, I don’t even know if arugula sprouts is a real thing.)
 
1 pm: Go to any potential new showings.  
 
2 pm: Calls with partners
 
4 pm: Family time or personal time.
 
Keep in mind, when I first started and was flipping just 1 house at a time, I kept my day job and only spend about 4 hours a week working on that 1 project. That’s about all it takes on average.
 
Are you ready to start flipping houses?